Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Letter to AG re: Felicity

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Lissiefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    THANK-YOU! You wrote an excellent and well thought-out letter! Let's hope someone listens! I'd LOVE to see Felicity back in the catalog where she belongs.

    I'm teaching an American Girl history class this year, for 16 girls. Most of them say Felicity is either their favorite or second favorite of all the American Girls...WHY? Because that period in history is so interesting and historically significant!

    Maybe, instead of taking the history OUT of the American Girl dolls (ie: discontinuing relevant dolls, accessories, cookbooks, teacher's guides etc), Mattel needs to concentrate on finding new ways to integrate MORE history into their lines. The new Samantha movie might be just the thing! I'd LOVE to see a Felicity movie! Maybe even filmed in Colonial Williamsburg??!!!

    I know I'm dreaming, but I have to believe that inspiring a genuine interest in American History is one reason many parents have purchased these dolls for their girls. Pleasant Rowland didn't make 700 million dollars by cloning Barbie - I hope Mattel doesn't see the AG line as just a Barbie-extension!

    Brenda

  2. #12
    Inactive Member lj01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Because of the reasons cherry listed above, my next American Girl will be FELICITY [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member americangirllvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Lissiefan:
    I'd LOVE to see a Felicity movie! Maybe even filmed in Colonial Williamsburg??!!!

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too! I'd say that Feliccity is my favorite AG, character wise that is. She doesn't like doing what other people tell her to do, which is like me! A movie would be awesome.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Felicity is by far my favorite AG. (As if you all hadn't noticed by now...) She, along with the other characters, are the reason I love history so much. It would be WONDERFUL if they did historical movies for all the characters! Unlikely, I know, but it's a nice thought... [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please don't think it's a waste to write a letter! There are at least two benefits I can think of to writing letters:

    (1) You will know you did your part. If you're like me, you feel guilty until you voice your concern about an issue you feel strongly about. By writing to American Girl and expressing how you feel, you put the issue out of your hands and into theirs.

    (2) Letters count for more than one person. I forget the statistics, but most companies consider each person's opinion to count as more than just one person's opinion. For example, if I write a letter a company complaining about a product, my complaint doesn't count as only one letter. It indicates to the company that ten (or another number) other people likely feel the same thing but didn't feel like writing in about it.

    Also, be sure to be nice and as brief as possible. I used to write letters to children's magazines as a little girl and though I certainly did not mean for my letters to be rude, I found out the hard way that customer service representatives (1) defensively ignore your point (even if it's a valid one), and (2) can become downright nasty if they think your letter is rude (honestly, I don't know what some of them were thinking!).

    If anyone feels unsure, you can post your letter here before sending it and I'm sure you will get great feedback from members. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 11, 2004 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  6. #16
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks for writing the letter Cherry. You very eloquently said what we have wanted to say for a while.

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LissieFan:

    I think you could take most of your above post and turn it into a letter to send to AG.

    Laurie

  8. #18
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm writing my letter to AG right now regarding Felicity. I just read some of the other letters on the SOAGC webpage and now I'm infuriated again! I'll post the letter when I finish it...

  9. #19
    Inactive Member xnad1's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2004
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am going to write a letter as well. I think if we all write a letter, it would have to make some kind of impact. Felicity would have been my first doll, I just can not afford her stuff on the secondary market-But she will be my next doll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •